We are a family of believers committed to Christ, to one another and to serving God. We all have a role to play in carrying out the service of God and helping each other to make a difference in the world.
Everyone is welcome at our worship services and other activities, whatever you believe. Nevertheless, we hold firm convictions about God and the world.
We believe that:
- God is full of love for the whole of His creation and especially us humans whom He created ‘in his image’.
- We are alienated from God because of our tendency to ignore God and live shallow and selfish lives.
- God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to draw us back into His love.
- Jesus was rejected by the people of his time who brutally murdered him on the cross.
- In His death, Jesus has brought reconciliation between God and His creation.
- Jesus was raised bodily from the dead and offers the same new life to anyone who will come to Him.
- God gives His presence, in the person of His Holy Spirit, to His people.
- God speaks to people in many ways but primarily through the Bible.
- God’s people are called to live unselfishly and in obedience to God’s law of love. The Holy Spirit helps us to do this.
- One day Jesus will return to the earth and establish a new and perfect creation. God wants everyone to be a part of that.
Our beliefs are stated more formally in our “Statement of Belief” based on the Wealdstone Baptist Church Constitution.
As a Baptist Church we are members of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and hold to its Declaration of Principle.